Tuesday, March 03, 2009

MADALYN ANN ANDERSON

So we finally have a name for "baby sister" as Carley like to call her. Her name is Madalyn Ann Anderson.
A little update on the birth is that I was induced and started pitocin around 9:30 yesterday morning. The doctor broke my water at 10:00 and I was 3 centimeters dialted. At 12:00 I was 5 centimeters and at 1:15 I was ready to go. She basically came out on her own. Her head came out by herself and I pushed once for one shoulder and another push for the other shoulder. Super easy!!! Good thing I didn't wait any longer or she could have been 9 lbs or bigger. She has cute chubby legs and thighs and is healthy.
She didn't sleep much last night, but she loves to nurse. She is sleeping a lot today and hopefully we can get the days and nights right. She loves to snuggle with her dad and is a sweet little girl. We love her.

2 comments:

Sally said...

I LOVE that name! My Sydney was almost Madalyn.

The Youngs said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Glad to hear you had an easy time of things. Madalyn is adorable!