Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Grandma Barker

One of the funerals that I attended this past month was that of my Grandma Barker. For the past 10 years she has had alzheimers and deteriorated. The past year she was on bed rest with no comprehension of what was going on around her. It is a blessing that she is finally free of all her suffering. I was able to do a slideshow for her viewing and here are a couple of my favorite pictures.

She was born in 1926, so this picture was probably taken in the late 1920's. I love the heart necklace that she is wearing.
This is her high school senior picture that was originally in black and white. My grandpa did some pencil color touch ups to it.
This is my grandma and grandpa before they left on their mission.
This is my grandma with her children when they took a cruise in the 1990's

The viewing and funeral were very nice. I didn't cry much when she died, (and I was even there) but during the funeral when everybody was talking about the memories we had of her I started bawling. I think I came to the realization that my good memories of her were when I was a child and teenager and that this part of my life is now officially memories and I won't be able to relive them again. I loved coming to my grandma's house during the summer and at Christmas. I love my Grandma.










my family
my mom with her brothers and sister
My kids in front of the casket. The sun was in their eyes and this was the best picture I got.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicely done.
Dad