Sunday, April 13, 2008

Spring Break Part 2



Thursday I had a dentist appointment in Salt Lake so we decided to make another day of it. We went and visited Grandma Raspberries (Eric's Grandma) for most of the morning. Then in the afternoon I decided to take the kids to the "Living Planet Aquarium" in Sandy. I heard that it wasn't the best, but Eric had a free adult and Carley was free because she is still 2, so only paying $6 I decided to take the kids. I guess it is all you can expect for a landlocked state. We got through it in an hour and it was a struggle to make it last 2 hours. The kids liked it, but for me who grew up on visiting Monterey Bay Aquarium it was definitely lacking. I meant to take my camera, but of course I forgot, so all we got were cell phone pictures. Bryson and Carley both liked the sting rays and sharks.
For dinner that night we went to "The Cheesecake Factory" (one of my favorites). I decided to try something new and got the chocolate coconut cream cheesecake. It was really good.

1 comment:

Jill Manning said...

I couldn't agree more, when you have the Monterrey Aquarium to set the standard, it is hard to get excited about anything else! What a fun outing though...and to top it off you got to go to the Cheesecake Factory...yummy!!