Thursday, October 23, 2008

Body World Exhibit

Yesterday I had the chance to spend the day in Salt Lake all by myself. My Mom is in town and she watched the kids and I drove down with Eric when he went to work. My main purpose was to go to the Body World Exhibit at the Leonardo down town. It was amazing!! In college I took 2 anatomy classes and they were my favorite. This exhibit has cadaver body's and body parts all on display. They have the cadavers in different positions to show the muscles, organs, nerves, and vessels. Their main emphasis in the exhibit was the heart. It is amazing to think how much the heart does for us and keeps us living. They showed different organs with diseases and what the disease does to each organ.
They also have a section on fetal development. It is so amazing to think of how our body comes from something so small and grows into a baby when it is born and then how it keeps growing until adulthoood.
I am so thankful for my body and hope that I can always keep it healthy and in good condition.
here is the link to the website for the exhibit Body World's.

No comments: