Friday, September 25, 2009

Busy week

We have had a busy week this past week. Sunday we celebrated Ann's birthday. It was also nice to have Bryson's primary program the same day so Ann and Kevin came to church with us and then Sarah and Bryan came up later for dinner. We had her favorite of orange/ginger salmon. We also surprised her with her favorite cake from Glaus Bakery in SLC, it is a chocolate rum cake.


I couldn't find any normal candles, but I had two number ones so that is what we put on the cake. Bryson and Carley helped Grandma blow the candles out.
Tueday Bryson had a soccer game and Eric is the coach. He has moved up a level and he is one of the smallest, and not scoring as many goals like last year, but he still loves to play and has fun.



Wednesday I decided to start a science experiement in our house so we went and looked for catepillars in milk weed plants. We were lucky and found 2 - one for Carley and one for Bryson. Here are the first couple of days. Carley's ate the first night we got it and then when we woke up in the morning I looked all over the jar and I couldn't find it. Finally I looked on top of the lid. There it was. It stayed straight the whole day and when I looked right before dinner it had dropped into a "J" shape. This morning it had a green cacoon around it.







Bryson's is still eating milk weed in its jar.




It is so fun to watch them progress. The kids get excited too!! I remember when I did this as a kindergartener in California.

This morning I went and helped the PTA and walked with Bryson at his schools walk-a-thon. It was a lot of fun.



Today I am working on drying two boxes of pears and picking my tomatoes and canning them












1 comment:

Anne said...

Fun! I love your photography!