Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Life with a 4 and 2 year old...
Can sometimes be wonderful, but at other times can cause stress and make you just want to run away. Well last weekend that is what I did.
To give you some background I took my kids shopping to the outlet mall in park city. I even had Ann, my mother in law come with me for someone to help with the kids. We were on our 4th store and both my kids had melt downs. We had to take both of them out screaming and crying. Needless to say it is not what I needed for the day. We went out to lunch and then never went back shopping. Luckily I had bought the most important thing I had come for, Carley's new tennis shoes.
Anyways, so i finally start to relax when I get home, but my kids are still high strung and driving me crazy, so that is when I decide to take a break. I called Eric at work and told him that I was going to spend the night at his mom's.
It was a nice relaxing night with no children. then the next morning we went and got manicures and pedicures and went to the dollar theater and saw Enchanted-(with only Grey's Anatomy re-runs it was nice to Patrick Dempsey in a new role and something more G-rated). It was a cute movie and I can't wait until Carley gets into the princess phase and will sit through movies.
Life as a mother is wonderful, but sometimes it is nice to get away.

1 comment:

LadyMoncur said...

Yay! for mommies!