Friday, March 07, 2008

Returning to Bakersfield made me think about all the old times and the people I miss. Bakersfield has changed quite a bit since I last dropped by some 4-5 years ago. And while somethings will never change, I realized that the Bakersfield I grew up in is gone forever. Life is much about change. You often don't miss something until its gone. And so that is the way I feel about Bakersfield. When growing up I always wanted to explore new places; Beaches or Mountains, or even relatives living in other states were popular havens of my teenage years. But now I would give up a lot to just return to the past for a few moments. And so with that I decided to upload a past video of the days of old.

I'm not sure what year it is, as 1st ward in Bakersfield had great Halloween partys every year. But this video has a lot of people that I remember growing up with. It is shot from my Fathers perspective, so a lot is of my family. But also a lot of his and our family friends, dressed up for the occasion.



Youtube doesn't encode video very well (in fact it looks terrible compared to the original). So if you want me to send you a DVD of this just let me know.

Come back next week and I will put up more of Ward camp outs!

4 comments:

Neva said...

That was so fun to watch, I miss the old times we all had so much fun together, thanks for sharing the video. I think it was late 80's
88 or 89.

Mandee said...

That was so fun to watch. I didn't want it to end. Your dad was such a good man. I was sad that I didn't hear about his passing until after his funeral in Utah.

I think it was early 90's. 91 or 92? Thanks for posting. And you are so right, Bakersfield was such a great place to grow up during our growing up years.

Mrs. Schmalison said...

Thats awesome Eric!!! If you have anymore of those videos please put them up. It was great to see all the old faces.

CHERIE said...

I love to see flashbacks from the past. Thanks for sharing.