Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Camping

We had a fun time this past weekend when we went camping with Eric's Mom, Sarah, Bryan, (eric's sister and brother-in-law), and Lauren and Braden (Eric's brother's kids). We got off to a rocky start when the engine in Ann's truck overheated and Eric had to coast back down into Heber to get it fixed. But before he did this he took a load of kids and supplies up to the campsite. So I was left at the campsite with three kids for 6 hours. Good thing I know how to set up a tent and start a fire. I was so proud of myself when I started the fire with 1 match.

Everybody else showed up around 8:00 and we finally were able to set up camp.
Saturday we went canoeing and tried to fish, but we didn't catch anything.

We then went hiking up to Current Creek peak. Only Eric, Sarah, Bryan, and Carley made it to the top, (Carley hitched a ride up and down) but we all had a fun time.



Bryson and Braden loved playing in the dirt and playing with the wood. (Such boys)

Lauren and Carley loved to pick and smell the wild flowers (All girls)

We all had a fun time around the campfire with yummy food in the dutchoven.

Eric and Bryan had fun shooting Eric's guns and the boys loved picking up the shells


Carley loved camping


lauren and Braden

Would it be camping if my kids were clean and thier hair was perfect?

Or what fun would it be if you came home and you didn't have to do laundry for the next three days to get rid of the fire smell in the clothes.
WE LOVE CAMPING!!!!!

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

So much fun! I love camping myself, but I loved it more pre-kids. You are a brave mommy!

Sally said...

Gorgeous pictures! We love camping too! Although the prep and the after camping is the hardest part!!

Mrs. Schmalison said...

I liked camping before we had kids but now it seems a little difficult. It probably wont get easier with a new baby but I really want to go again someday. I did the card with digital scrapbooking stuff. I download it then use photoshop to put it all together. Try digiscrap depot freebies, they have a ton of stuff. Or the Shabby princess. I love it, its my new favorite thing.

Anne Marie said...

I'm seriously impressed...3 kids 6 hours, and you set up the tent and started a fire. Those pics are beautiful. I do miss those Utah mountains.