Thursday, August 28, 2008

First day of Kindergarten

Bryson started his first day of Kindergarten. Both of us were excited to see him go.



His teacher is awesome. He has Mrs Kohler and she has been my visiting teaching partner for the past two years so I know her well and Bryson had her for his sunbeam teacher. He loves her he just has to get used to calling her Mrs Kohler instead of Shauna.
Most of the kids in his class live in our neighborhood or are in our ward. He loves looking forward to seeing his friends at school. We are walking to school and it reminds me of when I used to walk to elementary school.
It is nice to get back into a routine. Bryson will go to school and I will come home and put Carley down for a nap and then I will get some stuff done. Or I might take a nap also.
He asked if I could make him a card for his first day of school so i made him a candy card and he was so excited.

His teacher gave the mothers this cute little poem with a pack of kleenex and hershey kisses. Even though I wasn't crying I still thought it was cute
"The First Day"
I gave you a little wink and smile
As you entered my room today
For I know how hard it is to leave
And know your child must stay
You've been with him/her for five years now
And have been a loving guide,
But now, alas, the time has come
To leave him/her at my side.
Just know that as you drive away
And tears down your cheeks may flow
I'll love him/her as I would my own
And help him/her learn and grow.
For as a parent, I too know
How quickly the years do pass
And fondly remember my turn
As I took my child to class.
So please put your mind at ease
And cry those tears no more
For I will love him/her and take him/her in
When you leave him/her at my door.

7 comments:

Anderson Family said...

New Shoes looks good!

Anne Marie said...

What a cute boy. How lucky to have a teacher for him that you already know and love. That candy-gram is a great idea.

Athack77 said...

It's a big day. The poster is a cute idea, thanks for sharing!

Carolyn said...

Goodness!!! I can't believe he's in school already. Time flies, huh? We changed our address to carolynandschane.blogspot.com - sorry about the inconvenience =).

Jill Manning said...

Sounds like a big day for both you and Bryson!!! I love that he asked you to make him a card for his first day. And that is a great poem to give to the parents as they drop off their kids.

Papa Randy said...

What a fun time in you live. Kindergarten. So much fun and your children are so dang cute. Beautiful family E and D.

Kelli Proctor said...

so cute! That was the cutest little poster, thanks for sharing! You are such a cool mom!